Tonight’s Dinner with Mum :)
Quinoa Chicken Stirfry
- 3 chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 cup of Quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 3/4 of cucumber (sliced and cut in halves)
- 2 slices of red onion (chopped)
- 1 grapefruit (cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp of sun dried tomato dressing
- tsp ginger
- olive oil
Cook the quinoa according to the package (remember to rinse the quinoa until the water runs clear and there are no more bubbles coming from the quinoa).
In a wok, heat extra virgin olive oil and add sliced carrots, cucumbers, celery, and red onion. Add a teaspoon of ginger, cook until there is still a slight crunch. Put into a bowl.
There should still be some oil left in pan, but if not add a bit more and throw in the chicken breast. Add the sun dried tomato dressing and fully cook. Add back the vegetables, once the quinoa is cooked, fluff with fork and add to pan, and add grapefruit. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve with a side of lettuce/spinach and tomatoes.
*vegans can substitute tofu for the chicken